Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Takin' Lemons and Makin' Lemonade

I made it 22 years of my life without facing rejection… until tonight. I was never rejected from a college, other job opportunities; anything really.  But I did not get the job. I wish I could lie to save face and say that I got the offer but turned them down. Instead, they made the decision for me. Honestly, it may be a defense mechanism kicking in, but I am actually relieved. It was a great opportunity, but I had a lot of apprehension about committing two years of my life to it and then going to back to school. Instead, I have spent a little bit of time today reviewing my options and came up with a new plan for the next year. I am going to apply for SLU’s one year MBA program. This way I would graduate in the spring of 2013 and be able to start law school the following fall. (I jump around quickly, I know.) But I figure with a bachelor's degree in psychology, my MBA, and a law degree- I would a triple threat of the legal world! I'll let ya'll know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment