Friday, January 6, 2012

Cupcake Crazy!

Unless you’ve been living under a rock during the last few years, you know that cupcakes have become the biggest craze to hit the sweet tooth since the waffle cone. Lucky for me, I have a best friend who knows plenty about this booming industry. We’ll call her Cupcake; Cupcake and I played field hockey together, but among her many talents is her ability to make the most unbelievable cupcakes! After graduating this past year, she moved home to Fort Worth, Texas to open up her own cupcake business. I am proud to say that I was one of the few fortunate taste testers to sample her recipes before she moved back home to bake them by the hundreds. Cupcake is probably one of the most amazing people I know; she had a dream, set a goal, went after it, and never looked back. With the help of her future mother-in-law, she set up a business plan and worked tirelessly to develop the most marvelous cupcakes. Not only that, but together they have bought a kitchen with a store front and have a mobile food truck which they take out for deliveries and sales. I had the chance to visit Cupcake with our other BFF Kitty this past September, and we were able to go on the truck- it was the coolest thing ever! We rode on the truck and sold cupcakes at a local football game! Quite the Texas experience if I do say so myself- and I loved every minute of it! Let’s just say that thanks to Cupcake, I have become somewhat of a cupcake connoisseur. Whenever we are all together- traveling or just out and about- we always have to stop and do some “market research” which means I’ve tried cupcakes from every cupcake shop from Las Vegas to New York. We've had cupcakes that were too moist or too dry with icing to was too smooth or too grainy- none compared to Cupcake's which are just right! Call me biased, but Cupcake’s cupcakes are the best I’ve had. Her pumpkin cream cheese is to die for! But anyways, the purpose of this post is to tell everyone just how proud of her I am! On January 1, 2012, Cupcake made her national cupcake baking debut on Cupcake Wars! Her business has been open for less than six months and it is already getting national recognition for being a fabulous cupcake shop! If any of you haven’t seen it yet, you owe it to yourselves to record the “Wicked” episode to check it out! Her business is called Red Jett Sweets and is based out of Fort Worth Texas, but I’m hoping one day she’ll franchise and let me open one here in St. Louis! Fingers crossed! Make sure to check her out on Facebook and Twitter, and give Cupcake a shout out for being such an amazing woman! I literally cannot imagine anyone more impressive than Cupcake which is why I am giving her, my Most Influential Person of 2011! Love you and your cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment