Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Redefining the EX Factor

Love; to me, it is arguably the most astounding concept in the world. This act of giving yourself to one person for the rest of your life is, not to sound cheesy but beautiful. It is a hard, messy, complicated process of falling in and out of love- as we test the waters trying to find that one person that we can accept and adore completely. While there are 6.5 billion people on this planet, we choose just ONE. This means that every other person in the world just isn’t the perfect fit for us. Here is where I want to redefine some things and offer a new perspective. They say practice makes perfect. So why is it that the “EX” is given such an awful reputation?  These exes were once loved, and they played a special role in shaping who we have become as lovers to the next. So why is there such a negative connotation at work here? They were obviously exceptional enough for us to even consider them for such a part as, “the one.” Drawing from my own experiences, I will not say anything bad about my infamous EX. We loved each other. However, people change and sometimes they grow a part, rather than together. Things happened that tore us a part, but neither person really had any mal-intent in their choices or actions. He has set a standard now for every other man to live up to, and I am grateful for that. So what if he didn’t make the cut? Statistically, he had a better chance of being struck by lightning in the basement of his house while wearing a rubber scuba suit. 1: 6,500,000,000. When you look at it that way, how can you possibly say anything bad about an EX? In moving on, they left room for you to find that one person. My ex, I believe, has found his “one” in another, and I couldn’t be happier for him. And why can’t we be happy for each other? Why does someone always have to be the bad guy? I’m tired of hearing the horror stories of the exes, and I think it is time we change our tune on how we look at the ones that didn’t turn out to the “the one.” I'd like to argue that they may not be as bad as the label would claim them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment